Notice to quit:
For a month-to-month lease, the requirement for notice to quit, isEmail is not acceptible as notice to quit, email cannot be signed.NS.RS.c.1989.C401.10(1)b(ii) by the tenant at least one month before the expiration of any month.
NS.RS.c.1989.C401.10(4) A notice to quit shall be in writing and shall contain the signature of the person giving the notice or his agent, a description of the residential premises and the day on which the tenancy terminates.
When you have given Notice.
To help receive the entire security deposit returned, Dockrey Apartments encourage review of the following suggestions.
CleaningCleaning and replacement costs of common items
The majority of those who lose portions of their security deposit do so because of inadequate cleaning.
To avoid this, Dockrey Apartments landlord or superintendants are available to answer questions, we would be happy to do a preliminary check if you call us early, before check-out time.
Please take advantage of this, we have apartment cleaning experience.
The following are suggestions to avoid charges:
- WALLS; clean. A mild soap solution will remove ordinary dirt, grease and marks. There should be no nail holes
- FLOORS; clean. Any carpeting must be vacuumed. For wood floors, use only cool water and mild soap, rinse with clear water.
- BASEBOARDS; clean and free of dust.
- CLOSETS; clean and attention given to heavy marks, such as those from luggage.
- KITCHEN CABINETS; clean inside and out. If you have placed shelf paper, please remove all of it.
- REFRIGERATORS; defrosted and clean.
- Turn the dial to the lowest setting.
- No water should remain in the refrigerator
- Do not use sharp objects to clean the refrigerator.
- STOVE AND OVEN; clean and all parts free from grease and splash, including broiler and oven.
- BATHROOM FLOORS; clean
- BATHROOM FIXTURES; clean.
- SWITCH PLATES, SOCKETS; free of dust
- LIGHTS; working bulbs.
- HEATING DUCTS AND PANELS; free of dust.
- WINDOWS; clean inside and free of dust and debris.
- REFUSE RUBBISH; placed in garbage bags and disposed of properly in bins or dumpster.
- GARAGE, STORAGE AREA, LOCKER, PATIO, BALCONY; swept clean and refuse disposed of properly.
- DOORS, DOOR FRAMES and WOODWORK; free of dirt and dust.
notify the appropriate utility company of your forwarding address and the date you are vacating the premises for a final reading.
Notify the post office of the address for forwarding of mail, and retun to the post office any Canada Post mailbox keys.
The exit inspection will be conducted only when the unit is empty of all tenant belongings.
Reserve enough time to complete this inspection, and avoid later complications and charges.
If the tenant vacates without completing the inspection it will be completed in their absence.
The tenant will return all apartment and Dockrey Apartments mailbox keys, and the forwarding address will be recorded.
Unwanted items must be disposed of properly; Dockrey Apartments does not provide a disposal service for unwanted items.