smartphonelink

Dockrey Apartments



Built over seven years from 1820 to 1827, the house was assembled by craftsmen imported from England. Most original fixtures were likewise imported. The construction is amazing, there are no nails in the original structure, though some have been added in renovation and repair over the last 120 years, the 12inch square main beams, 12x8 joists, and 10x4 joists are all mortised and tenoned, and pegged together with oak pegs. We believe the pegs were carved from the offcuts of the mortise joints